ABILENE, Texas - Would anyone know where to find you after a major storm?
If you have a storm shelter, you're encouraged to register it with the city of Abilene.
The idea behind registering is that emergency responders would be able to find you and help you if you get trapped inside due to falling debris, structure collapse or other emergency situations.
The program is free and voluntary.
Your information will only be shared with emergency responders.
You can register by going to the city's website here.
If you need help completing the form, you can contact 211Texas by dialing 2-1-1 or 325-673-8211 between the hours of 8 a.m and 5 p.m.
The storm shelter registration program was launched in June 2013.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic