ABILENE, Texas - You may want to check and see if you're on the list of people who have unclaimed property – in the form of uncashed checks for $100 or less – issued by the city of Abilene.
The city's list includes 459 names – with unclaimed funds totaling $7,101.57, city spokeswoman Leah Mazzarelli said in an email.
The city issued a news release Monday providing a link to a list of people with unclaimed cash.
CLICK HERE to see you are on the list or use your browser to go to http://abilenetx.com/FinanceDept/UnclaimedProperty.htm
If you possess "legal or beneficial interest in the reported property," you are urged to contact the City Accounting Office by phone at (325) 676-6263 – or by mail at P.O. Box 60, Abilene, Texas 79604 – regarding the amount.
"The person will be required to present proof of the claim to establish the owner's right in the property," the news release said, noting free internet access is available at City Hall, 555 Walnut St. and at all Abilene Public Library locations.
- Updated Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Updated Interstate 20 bridge construction may impact businesses
- Abilene man, 29, arrested on robbery charges
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals