ABILENE, Texas - You may want to check and see if you're on the list of people who have unclaimed property – in the form of uncashed checks for $100 or less – issued by the city of Abilene.
The city's list includes 459 names – with unclaimed funds totaling $7,101.57, city spokeswoman Leah Mazzarelli said in an email.
The city issued a news release Monday providing a link to a list of people with unclaimed cash.
CLICK HERE to see you are on the list or use your browser to go to http://abilenetx.com/FinanceDept/UnclaimedProperty.htm
If you possess "legal or beneficial interest in the reported property," you are urged to contact the City Accounting Office by phone at (325) 676-6263 – or by mail at P.O. Box 60, Abilene, Texas 79604 – regarding the amount.
"The person will be required to present proof of the claim to establish the owner's right in the property," the news release said, noting free internet access is available at City Hall, 555 Walnut St. and at all Abilene Public Library locations.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash