ABILENE, Texas - A few weeks ago, KTXS featured a story on a Clyde High School student who wanted to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. She sold duct tape flowers to her peers and anyone else who would buy them.
Erica Walker's aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer and she was determined to raise $1,000 to help the cause. She started selling her flowers at the beginning of October and today, she went beyond that $1,000 goal.
She was filled with joy and expressed her appreciation to everyone who helped her.
"It's makes me feel good that they want to help support the cause and want to find a cure," said Walker.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web