LUBBOCK, Texas - A Coleman county man plead guilty in federal court to threatening to damage an aircraft.
68 year old James Cate of Talpa, Texas plead guilty to a charge of threatening to damage or destroy an airplane with the ability to carry out the threat.
Back in February, Cate is accused of firing several shots at a crop duster that was flying near his land.
Cate says he was trying to scare the duster away from his crops.
The last round he fired actually hit the airplane.
Cate faces up to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot