LUBBOCK, Texas - A Coleman county man plead guilty in federal court to threatening to damage an aircraft.
68 year old James Cate of Talpa, Texas plead guilty to a charge of threatening to damage or destroy an airplane with the ability to carry out the threat.
Back in February, Cate is accused of firing several shots at a crop duster that was flying near his land.
Cate says he was trying to scare the duster away from his crops.
The last round he fired actually hit the airplane.
Cate faces up to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin