LUBBOCK, Texas - A Coleman county man plead guilty in federal court to threatening to damage an aircraft.
68 year old James Cate of Talpa, Texas plead guilty to a charge of threatening to damage or destroy an airplane with the ability to carry out the threat.
Back in February, Cate is accused of firing several shots at a crop duster that was flying near his land.
Cate says he was trying to scare the duster away from his crops.
The last round he fired actually hit the airplane.
Cate faces up to 5 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi