ABILENE, Texas - A man shot by police Saturday in Comanche is still recovering at Scott and White Hospital in Temple.
According to medical staff, Chance Dylan Garcia, 23, is listed in serious condition. This is an improvement from his critical condition when he was first admitted to the hospital.
Garcia was shot by an officer after the Comanche Police Department received a disturbance call early Saturday morning.
A 23-year-old Comanche man remains in critical condition at a Temple hospital after being shot by police early Saturday, authorities say.
According to a news release, Chance Dylan Garcia was shot after an officer approached a residence in the 400 block of North Houston Street following a report of a disturbance.
Comanche Police Department officers received the call of a disturbance at 12:48 a.m. Saturday, the release said.
"Officers were advised that shots had been fired and there was possibly an armed subject in the residence," the release continued. "Upon arrival officers heard the sound of gunfire coming from inside the residence."
Comanche Police Officer J. Spohn approached the residence and "began to talk" with Garcia when Garcia "confronted Officer Spohn with a handgun and was shot by Officer Spohn," the release said.
The news release doesn't indicate if Garcia was shot multiple times or any more details about the shooting.
Garcia was taken by ambulance to Comanche County Medical Center and then taken by helicopter to Scott and White Hospital in Temple, where he remained in critical condition Monday, the release said.
Sgt. Jason Shea – of the Texas Rangers – is investigating the incident, the release said.
- Updated Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Updated Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Body found on fire near Beaumont, officials seek victim ID
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth