ABILENE, Texas - A man shot by police Saturday in Comanche is still recovering at Scott and White Hospital in Temple.
According to medical staff, Chance Dylan Garcia, 23, is listed in serious condition. This is an improvement from his critical condition when he was first admitted to the hospital.
Garcia was shot by an officer after the Comanche Police Department received a disturbance call early Saturday morning.
A 23-year-old Comanche man remains in critical condition at a Temple hospital after being shot by police early Saturday, authorities say.
According to a news release, Chance Dylan Garcia was shot after an officer approached a residence in the 400 block of North Houston Street following a report of a disturbance.
Comanche Police Department officers received the call of a disturbance at 12:48 a.m. Saturday, the release said.
"Officers were advised that shots had been fired and there was possibly an armed subject in the residence," the release continued. "Upon arrival officers heard the sound of gunfire coming from inside the residence."
Comanche Police Officer J. Spohn approached the residence and "began to talk" with Garcia when Garcia "confronted Officer Spohn with a handgun and was shot by Officer Spohn," the release said.
The news release doesn't indicate if Garcia was shot multiple times or any more details about the shooting.
Garcia was taken by ambulance to Comanche County Medical Center and then taken by helicopter to Scott and White Hospital in Temple, where he remained in critical condition Monday, the release said.
Sgt. Jason Shea – of the Texas Rangers – is investigating the incident, the release said.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program