ABILENE, Texas - Taylor County commissioners will meet Tuesday to discuss the south Abilene sewage issues caused by inmates at the jail.
The city of Abilene recently sent a letter to Sheriff Ricky Bishop about the problem. Bishop told kTXS the inmates have been flushing trash items - or other items they are not allowed to have in their cells – down the toilets.
According to the city, the issue is causing the sewer to get backed up and overflow periodically at a manhole located at South 25th and Oak streets.
Commissioners will meet with Bishop at 10 a.m. Tuesday to discuss a resolution.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans