ABILENE, Texas - About 30 people showed up to the Abilene Civic Center Tuesday morning to voice their concerns about Abilene parks.
The city is updating its parks and recreation master plan and has asked for input from the community.
The meeting was interactive. Attendees were asked to put stickers on posters hung all around the room, indicating which park or recreation plan was most important to them.
The concerns and opinions expressed in Tuesday's meetings will be taken into consideration for future planning purposes.
If you weren't able to make the 11 a.m. meeting, another meeting at the Abilene Civic Center will be held at 5:30 p.m.
The city already has plans to redo the playground at Red Bud Park.
The new playground should be ready by this summer.
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants
- Updated Cash Saver renovating property for new Abilene location