ABILENE, Texas - About 30 people showed up to the Abilene Civic Center Tuesday morning to voice their concerns about Abilene parks.
The city is updating its parks and recreation master plan and has asked for input from the community.
The meeting was interactive. Attendees were asked to put stickers on posters hung all around the room, indicating which park or recreation plan was most important to them.
The concerns and opinions expressed in Tuesday's meetings will be taken into consideration for future planning purposes.
If you weren't able to make the 11 a.m. meeting, another meeting at the Abilene Civic Center will be held at 5:30 p.m.
The city already has plans to redo the playground at Red Bud Park.
The new playground should be ready by this summer.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her