ABILENE, Texas - Friends and family came together Sunday to honor the life of Scott Steenblock, the 31-year-old Abilene motorcyclist who was killed in a traffic accident earlier this month.
Steenblock was riding a motorcycle and was struck by a vehicle that pulled out in front of him.
Sunday's concert was at Play Faire Park and featured live bands, food and family fun.
All proceeds from the event will go to Steenblock's family to help with his funeral expenses, as well as purchasing a tombstone.
Those closest to Steenblock remembered the man he was:
"You could meet him one time, you see him every day of your life...he's really the kind of person that's going to be with you," said Kirk House. "He was just a real guy and a friendly guy."
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated