ABILENE, Texas - Friends and family came together Sunday to honor the life of Scott Steenblock, the 31-year-old Abilene motorcyclist who was killed in a traffic accident earlier this month.
Steenblock was riding a motorcycle and was struck by a vehicle that pulled out in front of him.
Sunday's concert was at Play Faire Park and featured live bands, food and family fun.
All proceeds from the event will go to Steenblock's family to help with his funeral expenses, as well as purchasing a tombstone.
Those closest to Steenblock remembered the man he was:
"You could meet him one time, you see him every day of your life...he's really the kind of person that's going to be with you," said Kirk House. "He was just a real guy and a friendly guy."
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic