ABILENE, Texas - Keynote speaker at Global Samaritan Resources fall benefit event in Abilene will be former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
The organization, which provides humanitarian aid, water purification and disaster relief, made the announcement Thursday.
The event is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., Nov. 18, at the Abilene Civic Center.
Rice served as Secretary of State when George W. Bush was president.
Tickets range from $10 each for students and members of the military to $75 each for floor-level seating. They can be purchased online at globalsamaritan.org
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit