ABILENE, Texas - Keynote speaker at Global Samaritan Resources fall benefit event in Abilene will be former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
The organization, which provides humanitarian aid, water purification and disaster relief, made the announcement Thursday.
The event is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., Nov. 18, at the Abilene Civic Center.
Rice served as Secretary of State when George W. Bush was president.
Tickets range from $10 each for students and members of the military to $75 each for floor-level seating. They can be purchased online at globalsamaritan.org
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated