ABILENE, Texas - Congressman Randy Neugebauer gave a talk at the Abilene Southwest Rotary Club Luncheon Tuesday.
The luncheon was held at the Abilene Country Club. Some of the topics in his discussion included immigration improvement, tax reform, gun control and the farm bill. He took questions for the audience, some of which included the looming debt ceiling.
"At some point in time you have to say no, because you can't just continue down this road," said Neugebauer. "It's a pathway not to prosperity. It's a pathway really to doom and gloom for our next generation if we don't fix this."
House Republicans agreed to a temporary debt ceiling hike in mid January. It was only a three month extension. The discussion will receive a decision in April.
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire