ABILENE, Texas - Congressman Randy Neugebauer gave a talk at the Abilene Southwest Rotary Club Luncheon Tuesday.
The luncheon was held at the Abilene Country Club. Some of the topics in his discussion included immigration improvement, tax reform, gun control and the farm bill. He took questions for the audience, some of which included the looming debt ceiling.
"At some point in time you have to say no, because you can't just continue down this road," said Neugebauer. "It's a pathway not to prosperity. It's a pathway really to doom and gloom for our next generation if we don't fix this."
House Republicans agreed to a temporary debt ceiling hike in mid January. It was only a three month extension. The discussion will receive a decision in April.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer