ABILENE, Texas - Congressman Randy Neugebauer gave a talk at the Abilene Southwest Rotary Club Luncheon Tuesday.
The luncheon was held at the Abilene Country Club. Some of the topics in his discussion included immigration improvement, tax reform, gun control and the farm bill. He took questions for the audience, some of which included the looming debt ceiling.
"At some point in time you have to say no, because you can't just continue down this road," said Neugebauer. "It's a pathway not to prosperity. It's a pathway really to doom and gloom for our next generation if we don't fix this."
House Republicans agreed to a temporary debt ceiling hike in mid January. It was only a three month extension. The discussion will receive a decision in April.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash