ABILENE, Texas - Congressman Randy Neugebauer gave a talk at the Abilene Southwest Rotary Club Luncheon Tuesday.
The luncheon was held at the Abilene Country Club. Some of the topics in his discussion included immigration improvement, tax reform, gun control and the farm bill. He took questions for the audience, some of which included the looming debt ceiling.
"At some point in time you have to say no, because you can't just continue down this road," said Neugebauer. "It's a pathway not to prosperity. It's a pathway really to doom and gloom for our next generation if we don't fix this."
House Republicans agreed to a temporary debt ceiling hike in mid January. It was only a three month extension. The discussion will receive a decision in April.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana