Sidewalk construction is in full swing on South First Street in Abilene. However, it's more than just a side walk being built. The city is putting new crosswalks, medians, trees, and lighting improvements.
Steve Butman, owner of Butman Photography says the project is worth the trouble.
"It's a win win for everyone," Butman said. "The property value will be higher. The look is just going to be great."
The project may negatively affect him in the short term but he's looking at the bigger picture. Butman said, "It's going to make the place a lot more secure as well."
The project will be paid for by a federal grant, capital improvement project, and a 2006 bond. It will cost $1.2 million dollars and will be finished by the end of June.
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Texas man charged with beheading wife after police visit