Sidewalk construction is in full swing on South First Street in Abilene. However, it's more than just a side walk being built. The city is putting new crosswalks, medians, trees, and lighting improvements.
Steve Butman, owner of Butman Photography says the project is worth the trouble.
"It's a win win for everyone," Butman said. "The property value will be higher. The look is just going to be great."
The project may negatively affect him in the short term but he's looking at the bigger picture. Butman said, "It's going to make the place a lot more secure as well."
The project will be paid for by a federal grant, capital improvement project, and a 2006 bond. It will cost $1.2 million dollars and will be finished by the end of June.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking