ABILENE, Texas - A number of construction and maintenance projects are planned for Abilene and Taylor County this week.
The following is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release regarding planned construction and maintenance projects for Abilene and Taylor County from Jan. 27-31:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. Winters Freeway and other area highways: Crews will be crack sealing various locations along Winters Freeway this weekend, Jan. 25-26. Other highways throughout the area will be treated in the coming weeks.
2. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351
3. Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. Crews continue working on culverts and retaining walls for the turnarounds at Oldham and Industrial streets, as well as building a new exit ramp for Industrial from the southbound lanes of the freeway.
4. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
1. FM 707 north of I-20: Blade level-up.
2. Treadaway Boulevard between South 14th and Industrial Boulevard: Remove silt.
3. FM 1235 north of Buffalo Gap: Blade level-up.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated