ABILENE, Texas - Several road work projects in and around Abilene may force drivers to find alternate routes.
In Taylor County, crews will be working on a bridge on County Road 121 or Lytle Cove Road. The portion of that road between Old Coleman Highway and Potosi will be closed.
The work begins Monday and will end Thursday.
In Shackelford County, the Texas Department of Transportation will make repairs to the U.S. 180 bridge where it joins with State Highway 351. The bridge will stay open during construction, but traffic lanes will be narrowed.
That work is expected to be finished by spring.
There are several more projects underway. Below is an excerpt of a neww release from TxDOT:
*- Various roadways: Crack sealing. This work is a moving operation, and drivers should proceed with caution when they encounter work crews on the highway.
*- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
*- Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. Crews continue working on culverts and retaining walls for the turnarounds at Oldham and Industrial streets, as well as building a new exit ramp for Industrial from the southbound lanes of the freeway.
*- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
*- Reminders for Shackelford County commuters: FM 601 is closed at Hubbard Creek for a bridge replacement. Drivers should follow the posted detour.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash