ABILENE, Texas - Several road work projects in and around Abilene may force drivers to find alternate routes.
In Taylor County, crews will be working on a bridge on County Road 121 or Lytle Cove Road. The portion of that road between Old Coleman Highway and Potosi will be closed.
The work begins Monday and will end Thursday.
In Shackelford County, the Texas Department of Transportation will make repairs to the U.S. 180 bridge where it joins with State Highway 351. The bridge will stay open during construction, but traffic lanes will be narrowed.
That work is expected to be finished by spring.
There are several more projects underway. Below is an excerpt of a neww release from TxDOT:
*- Various roadways: Crack sealing. This work is a moving operation, and drivers should proceed with caution when they encounter work crews on the highway.
*- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
*- Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. Crews continue working on culverts and retaining walls for the turnarounds at Oldham and Industrial streets, as well as building a new exit ramp for Industrial from the southbound lanes of the freeway.
*- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
*- Reminders for Shackelford County commuters: FM 601 is closed at Hubbard Creek for a bridge replacement. Drivers should follow the posted detour.
- Updated Police identify victim in west Abilene homicide
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Parents charged after toddler dies in Texas house fire
- Wife of Texas teacher charged in 2 deaths accused of tampering
- Police: Texas college student rams squad car while taking topless selfie
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking