ABILENE, Texas - Below is an excerpt from a Texas Department of Transportation press release detailing planned construction and maintenance projects for the Abilene and Taylor County area for January 13-17:
Abilene Area Office construction projects:
1. I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
2. Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Work continues to convert frontage roads to one-way operation. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. Crews continue working on culverts and retaining walls for the turnarounds at Oldham and Industrial streets, as well as building a new exit ramp for Industrial from the southbound lanes of the freeway. Some traffic changes are scheduled for mid-January.
3. Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Work to replace the bridge continues. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
Taylor County Maintenance Office projects:
1. FM 2035 near the Nolan County line: Repair base failures.
2. Treadaway Boulevard between South 14th and Industrial Boulevard: Remove silt.
3. US 277 from Abilene to View: Repair pavement edge.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide