ABILENE, Texas - Construction on the two-way frontage roads on both sides of Interstate 20 kicked off Monday.
The two-way frontage roads will be converted to a one-way operation. Ramps will also be relocated on both sides of the Interstate.
The construction will take place between Pine Street and Loop 322. During the construction, traffic will often be down to one lane on the frontage roads.
Initially, most work will take place between Loop 322 and SH 351 until early 2013.
All driveways should be accessible during this time, and no ramp closures are planned until after the holidays. Some work also may be done on SH 351 and the east end of the north frontage road during the early stage
The work is designed to make the roads safer. The project is expected to take two years to complete.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck