ABILENE, Texas - Dozens of mail processing plants may be consolidating by the start of next year.
Abilene is one of the 82 processing plants facing consolidation. And it's been mentioned as a possibility for cuts before.
This comes after the postal service lost $26 billion the last three years. The Postal Service does not receive taxpayer funds to pay for their operating cost. They earn their revenue through the sale of products and services.
This phase of consolidation comes after 131 mail processing plants were consolidated in 2012 and 2013.
Those consolidated required no employee layoffs.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack