ABILENE, Texas - Dozens of mail processing plants may be consolidating by the start of next year.
Abilene is one of the 82 processing plants facing consolidation. And it's been mentioned as a possibility for cuts before.
This comes after the postal service lost $26 billion the last three years. The Postal Service does not receive taxpayer funds to pay for their operating cost. They earn their revenue through the sale of products and services.
This phase of consolidation comes after 131 mail processing plants were consolidated in 2012 and 2013.
Those consolidated required no employee layoffs.
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program