ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council passed a resolution Thursday to deny a rate increase requested by Atmos Energy for the city.
Atmos Energy proposed the rate increase, but a group of Texas cities, including Abilene, are trying to negotiate a lower rate with Atmos.
City Manager Larry Gilley has said the denial will allow multi-city negotiations with Atmos Energy to continue.
- Updated Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- Updated North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Updated Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog