ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council passed a resolution Thursday to deny a rate increase requested by Atmos Energy for the city.
Atmos Energy proposed the rate increase, but a group of Texas cities, including Abilene, are trying to negotiate a lower rate with Atmos.
City Manager Larry Gilley has said the denial will allow multi-city negotiations with Atmos Energy to continue.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth