ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council passed a resolution Thursday to deny a rate increase requested by Atmos Energy for the city.
Atmos Energy proposed the rate increase, but a group of Texas cities, including Abilene, are trying to negotiate a lower rate with Atmos.
City Manager Larry Gilley has said the denial will allow multi-city negotiations with Atmos Energy to continue.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide