LONGVIEW, Texas - Hardin-Simmons dropped its American Southwest Conference series at LeTourneau falling 2-1 in the rubber match of the three-game series on Saturday afternoon in Longview.
Taylor Kaderli drew a bases loaded walk on the 16th pitch of her at-bat against Emily Hardaway in the third. Kaderli added an RBI double in the fifth.
HSU scored its lone run in the seventh inning on a Sarah Truelove home run.
Kaderli and Jourdan Glover had two hits each for LeTourneau. Truelove, Braleigh Middleton and Carley Willis had the three hits for the Cowgirls.
Hardaway took the loss for the Cowgirls, allowing two runs on five hits. Taylor Thibodeaux earned the win for LU with a complete-game three-hitter.
HSU is now 17-12 overall and 14-10 in conference action. LeTourneau improved to 12-17 and 9-15 in league play. The Cowgirls will play at Mississippi College next weekend.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking