LONGVIEW, Texas - Hardin-Simmons dropped its American Southwest Conference series at LeTourneau falling 2-1 in the rubber match of the three-game series on Saturday afternoon in Longview.
Taylor Kaderli drew a bases loaded walk on the 16th pitch of her at-bat against Emily Hardaway in the third. Kaderli added an RBI double in the fifth.
HSU scored its lone run in the seventh inning on a Sarah Truelove home run.
Kaderli and Jourdan Glover had two hits each for LeTourneau. Truelove, Braleigh Middleton and Carley Willis had the three hits for the Cowgirls.
Hardaway took the loss for the Cowgirls, allowing two runs on five hits. Taylor Thibodeaux earned the win for LU with a complete-game three-hitter.
HSU is now 17-12 overall and 14-10 in conference action. LeTourneau improved to 12-17 and 9-15 in league play. The Cowgirls will play at Mississippi College next weekend.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer