CLINTON, Mississippi - Hardin-Simmons' softball team dropped a 3-1 game to Mississippi College in the series finale on Saturday afternoon in Clinton, Miss.
MC got on the board first with a Shay Mickens RBI single in the second inning. HSU tied the game with a Kara LeLeux home run in the fourth. It was her fifth home run of the season.
The Choctaws scored two runs in the fifth inning. Macey Lee had a squeeze bunt and another run scored on an error.
Emily Hardaway allowed three runs on four hits. Lacie Patterson went the distance for MC allowing just two hits.
Braleigh Middleton and LeLeux had the two HSU hits. Four different Choctaw hitters had a hit each.
HSU is now 18-14 on the year and 15-12 in conference play. Mississippi College improved to 23-10 overall and 19-8 in ASC action. HSU hosts Howard Payne on Thursday and Friday next weekend.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children