CLINTON, Mississippi - Hardin-Simmons' softball team dropped a 3-1 game to Mississippi College in the series finale on Saturday afternoon in Clinton, Miss.
MC got on the board first with a Shay Mickens RBI single in the second inning. HSU tied the game with a Kara LeLeux home run in the fourth. It was her fifth home run of the season.
The Choctaws scored two runs in the fifth inning. Macey Lee had a squeeze bunt and another run scored on an error.
Emily Hardaway allowed three runs on four hits. Lacie Patterson went the distance for MC allowing just two hits.
Braleigh Middleton and LeLeux had the two HSU hits. Four different Choctaw hitters had a hit each.
HSU is now 18-14 on the year and 15-12 in conference play. Mississippi College improved to 23-10 overall and 19-8 in ASC action. HSU hosts Howard Payne on Thursday and Friday next weekend.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated