CLINTON, Mississippi - Hardin-Simmons' softball team dropped a 3-1 game to Mississippi College in the series finale on Saturday afternoon in Clinton, Miss.
MC got on the board first with a Shay Mickens RBI single in the second inning. HSU tied the game with a Kara LeLeux home run in the fourth. It was her fifth home run of the season.
The Choctaws scored two runs in the fifth inning. Macey Lee had a squeeze bunt and another run scored on an error.
Emily Hardaway allowed three runs on four hits. Lacie Patterson went the distance for MC allowing just two hits.
Braleigh Middleton and LeLeux had the two HSU hits. Four different Choctaw hitters had a hit each.
HSU is now 18-14 on the year and 15-12 in conference play. Mississippi College improved to 23-10 overall and 19-8 in ASC action. HSU hosts Howard Payne on Thursday and Friday next weekend.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities