CLINTON, Mississippi - Hardin-Simmons' softball team dropped a 3-1 game to Mississippi College in the series finale on Saturday afternoon in Clinton, Miss.
MC got on the board first with a Shay Mickens RBI single in the second inning. HSU tied the game with a Kara LeLeux home run in the fourth. It was her fifth home run of the season.
The Choctaws scored two runs in the fifth inning. Macey Lee had a squeeze bunt and another run scored on an error.
Emily Hardaway allowed three runs on four hits. Lacie Patterson went the distance for MC allowing just two hits.
Braleigh Middleton and LeLeux had the two HSU hits. Four different Choctaw hitters had a hit each.
HSU is now 18-14 on the year and 15-12 in conference play. Mississippi College improved to 23-10 overall and 19-8 in ASC action. HSU hosts Howard Payne on Thursday and Friday next weekend.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot