ABILENE, Texas - Thursday night the Abilene Cultural Affairs Council unveiled their newest downtown sculpture during Artwalk.
The three foot tall bronze statue is of the popular Walter Wick character Seymour.
He has joined 8 other storybook sculptures downtown. Six Dr. Seuss characters and a William Joyce sculpture can be found in Everman Park. Dinosaur Bob, meanwhile, sits atop the National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature.
Award winning author William Joyce will be the featured artist at the upcoming 2014 Children's Art & Literacy Festival.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season