ABILENE, Texas - Some Abilene fathers celebrated their special day playing mini golf with their kids.
Abilene's South Branch Library location held a free Tee Time with Dad event from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Tee times were every ten minutes to make sure all kids and their fathers had a chance to play.
“We had Tee Time with Mom last month for Mother’s Day, so Tee Time with Dad today for Father’s Day, and we have mini golf set up in the library, a nine-hole course which goes all the way through the entire South Branch Library,” said Alyssa Crow with the Abilene Public Library.
The clubs were donated by PrimeTime, and Hugh Moore donated the golf balls.
- South Abilene Chik-fil-A closing for renovations
- Teen driving on Winters Freeway falls asleep, truck flips, lands upside down
- McMurry University set to demolish student art gallery
- Abilene woman advocates for HIV testing after losing brother to AIDS
- ACU football player accused of sexually assaulting intoxicated woman at party
- Thousands of painkillers missing from south Abilene pharmacy
- Brown County zoo owner blames high taxes as reason for shut down
- Bond reduction hearing rescheduled for Brownwood homicide suspect
- Ranger College to address 'misinformation' about tax referendum
- Brown County to allow fireworks on the 4th despite burn ban
- Former Brownwood High School coach indicted for having sex with student
- Brownwood council members to vote on denying electric rate hikes
- Court declines to review Snyder man's murder conviction because of long petition
- Train derailment: Whipped cream melts into creek near Colorado City, results in fish kill
- Whipped dairy topping causes fishkill in creek near Colorado City
- Taylor County urges ‘extreme caution' with fireworks on the 4th
- Taylor County firework stands open, officials offer tips for firework safety
- Residents of community near Snyder report not having water since Wednesday