ABILENE, Texas - A 33-year-old Dallas man was arrested Wednesday after Taylor County Sheriff's Office narcotics agents reportedly found him in possession of about 12.7 ounces of crack cocaine and $2,100 in cash.
Alden Ramon Douglas was taken into custody at about 5 p.m. as sheriff's department agents executed a search warrant on an Abilene residence in the 1300 block of Almond Street.
"Agents found that Douglas was manufacturing crack cocaine in the home," sheriff's office spokesman Lt. John Cummins said in a news release.
Before executing the search warrant, officers determined Douglas had "an active Taylor County warrant charging him with the offense of manufacture and delivery of cocaine in a drug-free zone," Cummins said.
In addition, Cummins said, a parole violation warrant exists for Douglas. It stems from a 2009 aggravated assault case in Dallas County. Douglas is currently being held in the Taylor County Jail under bonds totaling $85,000.
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death