ABILENE, Texas - Local body shops are working hard to try to repair all the damage caused by Abilene's recent, massive hailstorm.
Barrett Collision is extremely busy in the wake of the hailstorm. " When the hail storm hit, thousands at a time get hit and it caused chaos for everyone, not just our shop but all the shops," said Rocky Champion, Owner of Barrett Body Shop.
Barrett Body Shop has repairs scheduled all the way through March, and many other body shops are the same way, "I am hearing from clients that some of the body shop estimates are even into September, October, November and even December for repairs," said J.B. Cloud, Farmers Insurance agent.
Insurance claims have ranged up to $13,000, but sometimes cars require more money for repairs -- out of those repairs shattered windshields should be the top priority according to body shops here in Abilene.
The best course of action is to call your insurance agent and move the claim process forward. Also, according to J.B. Cloud it is very important that you get estimates on all damage before you put in a insurance claim.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting