ABILENE, Texas - Abilene's version of the popular show "Dancing with the Stars" has turned into one of the most anticipated fundraisers for Hendrick Home for Children.
Thursday night was the Dancing with Abilene Stars event at the Abilene Civic Center.
Twelve local celebrities were paired with professional dancers in a dance competition. All of the ticket proceeds, as well as vote proceeds, will go to Hendrick Home for Children.
More than one-thousand people showed up to watch the performances.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017