ABILENE, Texas - Abilene's version of the popular show "Dancing with the Stars" has turned into one of the most anticipated fundraisers for Hendrick Home for Children.
Thursday night was the Dancing with Abilene Stars event at the Abilene Civic Center.
Twelve local celebrities were paired with professional dancers in a dance competition. All of the ticket proceeds, as well as vote proceeds, will go to Hendrick Home for Children.
More than one-thousand people showed up to watch the performances.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated