ABILENE, Texas - Abilene's version of the popular show "Dancing with the Stars" has turned into one of the most anticipated fundraisers for Hendrick Home for Children.
Thursday night was the Dancing with Abilene Stars event at the Abilene Civic Center.
Twelve local celebrities were paired with professional dancers in a dance competition. All of the ticket proceeds, as well as vote proceeds, will go to Hendrick Home for Children.
More than one-thousand people showed up to watch the performances.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot