ABILENE, Texas - The Development Corporation of Abilene approved spending more than $100,000 to implement a business development program for the Abilene Life Sciences Accelerator on Pine Street.
It's hoped that the accelerator program will be able to draw new, biotech companies to Abilene.
The $102,400 in funding for the program would include hiring a Dallas-based consulting firm for $36,000. The firm does strategic planning and business plan creation for new companies and towns hoping to land those types of businesses.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend