ABILENE, Texas - The Development Corporation of Abilene approved spending more than $100,000 to implement a business development program for the Abilene Life Sciences Accelerator on Pine Street.
It's hoped that the accelerator program will be able to draw new, biotech companies to Abilene.
The $102,400 in funding for the program would include hiring a Dallas-based consulting firm for $36,000. The firm does strategic planning and business plan creation for new companies and towns hoping to land those types of businesses.
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event