ABILENE, Texas - The Development Corporation of Abilene approved contract negotiations with an oil company planning to move into the city.
"If the Cline Shale comes through, if the company ends up establishing what they refer to as a super center, where they can do just about everything from that site, we'd be looking at another 100 plus jobs, 130, about that, and $50 million in capital investment," said Richard Burdine, CEO of the Development Corporation of Abilene.
The center would be built on the south side of Five Point's Industrial Park. It would take up about 40 acres.
The DCOA is hoping to finalize a contract in the coming weeks. Once they do they will publicly announce the name of the oil company involved.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck