ABILENE, Texas - As of 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, Hendrick Health System – which oversees Hendrick Medical Center – no longer accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Representatives of Hendrick Health System and Blue Cross Blue Shield failed to reach agreement by the just-passed deadline after months of deliberation. That means those with Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance coverage will have to pay higher, out-of-network costs at Hendrick.
Thousands in the Big Country are impacted by the lack of agreement.
Dr. Robert Morrow, senior medical director of Blue Cross Blue Shield, has urged members to call the 1-800 number on the back of their insurance card and to address customer service with any questions.
They have also set up a website HERE to answer any questions customers may have. For those of you on your phone and cannot click on the above link, this is the exact address: http://www.bcbstx.com/hendrick/questions.html
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire