ABILENE, Texas - There are less than 24 hours left to register to vote for the Nov. 6 general election.
The deadline is Tuesday, Oct. 9.
To register in person, visit your county registrar's office, any public libraries or government buildings, or local high schools.
If you have a student currently studying in college out of state, they can still vote in Texas using their "home address," or where "mom and dad" live. College students must request an absentee form or ballot by mail. The last day to request this is October 30. Adults who will be out of the state during election day or the early voting time period can also vote by mail.
Early voting begins Oct. 22. The general election is Tuesday, Nov. 6.
For more information on how to register, visit www.VoteTexas.gov
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated