ABILENE, Texas - The Democrat running for the 19th district's congressional seat visited Abilene Wednesday.
Neal Marchbanks, from Lubbock, shook hands and told voters about his platform at Monk's coffee shop, downtown.
Marchbanks is running unopposed in the March 4 primary.
Marchbanks is an Air Force veteran, who served in Vietnam. He worked for the National Weather Service for more than 30 years..
"I like to look upon myself as a Democrat in the fashion of Charlie Stenholm" said Marchbanks. "I'm something around here you haven't heard of in a long time: I'm not a liberal, I'm not a conservative, I'm a moderate mainstream American."
Three Republicans are fighting for their nomination, including incumbent Randy Neugebauer. All four candidates, Democrat or Republican, are from Lubbock.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated