ABILENE, Texas - The Democrat running for the 19th district's congressional seat visited Abilene Wednesday.
Neal Marchbanks, from Lubbock, shook hands and told voters about his platform at Monk's coffee shop, downtown.
Marchbanks is running unopposed in the March 4 primary.
Marchbanks is an Air Force veteran, who served in Vietnam. He worked for the National Weather Service for more than 30 years..
"I like to look upon myself as a Democrat in the fashion of Charlie Stenholm" said Marchbanks. "I'm something around here you haven't heard of in a long time: I'm not a liberal, I'm not a conservative, I'm a moderate mainstream American."
Three Republicans are fighting for their nomination, including incumbent Randy Neugebauer. All four candidates, Democrat or Republican, are from Lubbock.
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon