ABILENE, Texas - Discounts are being offered on adoptions at the Abilene Animal Shelter, as the shelter celebrates the American Humane Association's national Adopt-A-Cat Month.
A $20 discount on all adoptions and an additional $20 rebate through Rescue the Animals will be offered through Monday, June 30.
Here's the city of Abilene's news release in its entirety:
Animal Services celebrates Adopt-A-Cat Month with discounted adoptions
ABILENE, Texas – Abilene Animal Shelter is celebrating the American Humane Association's national Adopt-A-Cat Month by offering a $20 discount on all animal adoptions and an additional $20 rebate through Rescue the Animals through Monday, June 30.
With this month's discount cats can be adopted for $50, and dogs for $60 before the additional $20 rebate. Dogs and cats already spayed and neutered are only $20 to adopt in June.
"During the spring and summer months we see an increase in animals coming into the shelter," said Animal Services Manager Aaron Vannoy. "We have many animals here at the shelter that need a loving, forever home. This is a great opportunity to find your new four-legged friend for a discounted price."
Fees include the cost of adoption, City license, rabies vaccination and spay/neuter procedure when necessary.
The shelter, located at 925 South 25th Street, is open 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, and is closed Sunday and all major holidays.
For more information, call the Abilene Animal Shelter at 325-698-0085 or visit www.abilenetx.com/Animal.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade