ABILENE, Texas - Discounts are being offered on adoptions at the Abilene Animal Shelter, as the shelter celebrates the American Humane Association's national Adopt-A-Cat Month.
A $20 discount on all adoptions and an additional $20 rebate through Rescue the Animals will be offered through Monday, June 30.
Here's the city of Abilene's news release in its entirety:
Animal Services celebrates Adopt-A-Cat Month with discounted adoptions
ABILENE, Texas – Abilene Animal Shelter is celebrating the American Humane Association's national Adopt-A-Cat Month by offering a $20 discount on all animal adoptions and an additional $20 rebate through Rescue the Animals through Monday, June 30.
With this month's discount cats can be adopted for $50, and dogs for $60 before the additional $20 rebate. Dogs and cats already spayed and neutered are only $20 to adopt in June.
"During the spring and summer months we see an increase in animals coming into the shelter," said Animal Services Manager Aaron Vannoy. "We have many animals here at the shelter that need a loving, forever home. This is a great opportunity to find your new four-legged friend for a discounted price."
Fees include the cost of adoption, City license, rabies vaccination and spay/neuter procedure when necessary.
The shelter, located at 925 South 25th Street, is open 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, and is closed Sunday and all major holidays.
For more information, call the Abilene Animal Shelter at 325-698-0085 or visit www.abilenetx.com/Animal.
- Updated Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- Updated House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- Updated Abilene man accused of molesting 4-year-old boy
- Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Abilene man arrested on child pornography charges
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities