ABILENE, Texas - Discounts are being offered on adoptions at the Abilene Animal Shelter, as the shelter celebrates the American Humane Association's national Adopt-A-Cat Month.
A $20 discount on all adoptions and an additional $20 rebate through Rescue the Animals will be offered through Monday, June 30.
Here's the city of Abilene's news release in its entirety:
Animal Services celebrates Adopt-A-Cat Month with discounted adoptions
ABILENE, Texas – Abilene Animal Shelter is celebrating the American Humane Association's national Adopt-A-Cat Month by offering a $20 discount on all animal adoptions and an additional $20 rebate through Rescue the Animals through Monday, June 30.
With this month's discount cats can be adopted for $50, and dogs for $60 before the additional $20 rebate. Dogs and cats already spayed and neutered are only $20 to adopt in June.
"During the spring and summer months we see an increase in animals coming into the shelter," said Animal Services Manager Aaron Vannoy. "We have many animals here at the shelter that need a loving, forever home. This is a great opportunity to find your new four-legged friend for a discounted price."
Fees include the cost of adoption, City license, rabies vaccination and spay/neuter procedure when necessary.
The shelter, located at 925 South 25th Street, is open 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, and is closed Sunday and all major holidays.
For more information, call the Abilene Animal Shelter at 325-698-0085 or visit www.abilenetx.com/Animal.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend