This Saturday, April 6, Keep Abilene Beautiful, the Texas Department of Transportation and the City of Abilene are partnering to host the "Don't Mess with Texas Trash-Off."
The beautification event will bring together hundreds of volunteers who will pick up litter in public areas such as streets, highways and empty fields.
You can Register for the Trash-Off in the Kmart parking lot located at 4565 South 1st St. from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Lunch will be provided from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. to all volunteers, along with musical entertainment and games. Volunteers are still needed.
Families or groups can pre-register for the Trash-Off by calling 325-734-3301 or by clicking here. Keep Abilene Beautiful will also recognize the largest volunteer group for their participation.
Last year, 472 volunteers collected over 10,000 pounds of litter," said Keep Abilene Beautiful Coordinator Nicole Eaves. "This year we hope to have even more people from the community participate in the 'Don't Mess with Texas Trash-Off' and help make Abilene an even better place to live."
Drivers in Abilene are encouraged to be especially watchful of volunteers who are participating in the "Don't Mess with Texas Trash-Off" on Saturday, April 6.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck