This Saturday, April 6, Keep Abilene Beautiful, the Texas Department of Transportation and the City of Abilene are partnering to host the "Don't Mess with Texas Trash-Off."
The beautification event will bring together hundreds of volunteers who will pick up litter in public areas such as streets, highways and empty fields.
You can Register for the Trash-Off in the Kmart parking lot located at 4565 South 1st St. from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Lunch will be provided from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. to all volunteers, along with musical entertainment and games. Volunteers are still needed.
Families or groups can pre-register for the Trash-Off by calling 325-734-3301 or by clicking here. Keep Abilene Beautiful will also recognize the largest volunteer group for their participation.
Last year, 472 volunteers collected over 10,000 pounds of litter," said Keep Abilene Beautiful Coordinator Nicole Eaves. "This year we hope to have even more people from the community participate in the 'Don't Mess with Texas Trash-Off' and help make Abilene an even better place to live."
Drivers in Abilene are encouraged to be especially watchful of volunteers who are participating in the "Don't Mess with Texas Trash-Off" on Saturday, April 6.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS