ABILENE, Texas - If you're driving this long Christmas holiday weekend take care on the highways.
DPS patrol officers are working around the clock to make sure the roads are safe.
Friday, they kicked off "Operation Holiday". It means increased patrols looking for drunk and unsafe drivers.
Operation Holiday runs through January first.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital