There's a new visual treat for in downtown Abilene from the Abilene Cultural Affairs Council. Several new Dr. Seuss statues have gone up in Everman Park off North First and Cypress.
It's part of their Storybook Sculpture Garden. There are six Dr. Seuss bronzes total in the garden through Abilene community fundraisers.
April 11 at 5:30 p.m. they'll be officially unveiling them and presenting them to the public as a part of the Cajun Fest Artwalk. We are the first city in the nation to own all six Dr. Seuss bronzes.
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking