There's a new visual treat for in downtown Abilene from the Abilene Cultural Affairs Council. Several new Dr. Seuss statues have gone up in Everman Park off North First and Cypress.
It's part of their Storybook Sculpture Garden. There are six Dr. Seuss bronzes total in the garden through Abilene community fundraisers.
April 11 at 5:30 p.m. they'll be officially unveiling them and presenting them to the public as a part of the Cajun Fest Artwalk. We are the first city in the nation to own all six Dr. Seuss bronzes.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend