ABILENE, Texas - A 62-year-old man was pronounced dead at an Abilene hospital Tuesday, one day after he lost control of his 18-wheeler and it flew over the side of a bridge and onto I-20
Louis E. Everett had been hospitalized at Hendrick Medical Center.
The 18-wheeler was hauling concrete near Elmdale Road when Everett, suffering from an unknown medical condition, lost control of the rig. The 18-wheeler went off the side of the bridge, sailing through the air, before going down the embankment and coming to rest on 1-20.
Traffic was diverted onto the access road while the accident was cleaned up.
- Texas Senate to vote on bill to fund downtown Abilene hotel
- Abilene splash pads to open for summer Wednesday
- Early voting can have significant impact on elections
- 18-wheeler carrying sheet rock flips on Abilene highway
- Abilene City Council asking for public input during special meeting
- Survey of Abilene homeless population shows increase in numbers
- Brown County police chief disgusted Brownwood man's sentence was shortened
- RadioShack latest victim in wave of corporate closures in Brownwood
- Brownwood man commuted by President Obama released from jail on Tuesday
- Police: Brownwood man wasn't victim of drive-by shooting, instead shot himself
- Brown County commissioners approve reducing speed limit on CC Woodson Road
- Brown County political forum scheduled for Tuesday night
- Coleman County voters to decide on $9.1 million bond for new LEC
- Breckenridge woman killed in rollover crash
- Zephyr ISD approves new football turf amid ongoing litigation
- Albany City Councilman gets 10 years of probation for indecency with child
- Students honor Snyder High School math teacher killed in West Texas crash
- Hwy 84/183 in Brown County reopened after 2-hour delay