ABILENE, Texas - A 62-year-old man was pronounced dead at an Abilene hospital Tuesday, one day after he lost control of his 18-wheeler and it flew over the side of a bridge and onto I-20
Louis E. Everett had been hospitalized at Hendrick Medical Center.
The 18-wheeler was hauling concrete near Elmdale Road when Everett, suffering from an unknown medical condition, lost control of the rig. The 18-wheeler went off the side of the bridge, sailing through the air, before going down the embankment and coming to rest on 1-20.
Traffic was diverted onto the access road while the accident was cleaned up.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale