ABILENE, Texas - A 62-year-old man was pronounced dead at an Abilene hospital Tuesday, one day after he lost control of his 18-wheeler and it flew over the side of a bridge and onto I-20
Louis E. Everett had been hospitalized at Hendrick Medical Center.
The 18-wheeler was hauling concrete near Elmdale Road when Everett, suffering from an unknown medical condition, lost control of the rig. The 18-wheeler went off the side of the bridge, sailing through the air, before going down the embankment and coming to rest on 1-20.
Traffic was diverted onto the access road while the accident was cleaned up.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget