ABILENE, Texas - A 62-year-old man was pronounced dead at an Abilene hospital Tuesday, one day after he lost control of his 18-wheeler and it flew over the side of a bridge and onto I-20
Louis E. Everett had been hospitalized at Hendrick Medical Center.
The 18-wheeler was hauling concrete near Elmdale Road when Everett, suffering from an unknown medical condition, lost control of the rig. The 18-wheeler went off the side of the bridge, sailing through the air, before going down the embankment and coming to rest on 1-20.
Traffic was diverted onto the access road while the accident was cleaned up.
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Updated Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- Updated American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Updated Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels