ABILENE, Texas - A 62-year-old man was pronounced dead at an Abilene hospital Tuesday, one day after he lost control of his 18-wheeler and it flew over the side of a bridge and onto I-20
Louis E. Everett had been hospitalized at Hendrick Medical Center.
The 18-wheeler was hauling concrete near Elmdale Road when Everett, suffering from an unknown medical condition, lost control of the rig. The 18-wheeler went off the side of the bridge, sailing through the air, before going down the embankment and coming to rest on 1-20.
Traffic was diverted onto the access road while the accident was cleaned up.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack