ABILENE, Texas - The driver of a pickup truck was transported to an Abilene hospital Sunday afternoon after allegedly running a red light and hitting another vehicle.
The accident happened just before 3 p.m. when the driver was traveling west on Ambler Avenue and allegedly ran the red light, hit a minivan, then a curb and a tree.
The driver of the truck was transported to Hendrick Medical Center by ambulance. According to police, he will receive a citation for disobeying the red light. No minivan passengers were injured.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family