ABILENE, Texas - A woman was injured Friday in an accident on I-20.
The accident happened about 7:15 p.m. on the Interstate just east of Denny's.
The woman told police she reached down to get her phone and then overcorrected when she tried to get her SUV back on the road. The car then rolled over ending up in the center median.
The woman was trapped in the wreckage for a short time before rescue workers were able to get her free.
She was taken by ambulance to Hendrick Medical Center to be checked out where she was treated and then released.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS