An Abilene man was sent to the hospital Tuesday morning after rolling over his pickup truck on Hwy 277 near I-20.
According to authorities on the scene, the driver was traveling northbound on the highway. He reached down to pick up something, when he began to notice he was going off the road. He over-corrected, sending his vehicle rolling. It landed right side up.
He was the only one in the vehicle, and was wearing his seat belt. He was transferred to an Abilene hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Authorities shut down the inside lane of the highway as they recovered the victim.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated