An Abilene man was sent to the hospital Tuesday morning after rolling over his pickup truck on Hwy 277 near I-20.
According to authorities on the scene, the driver was traveling northbound on the highway. He reached down to pick up something, when he began to notice he was going off the road. He over-corrected, sending his vehicle rolling. It landed right side up.
He was the only one in the vehicle, and was wearing his seat belt. He was transferred to an Abilene hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Authorities shut down the inside lane of the highway as they recovered the victim.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies