ABILENE, Texas - Alvin Van Spotwood, III will spend the next eight years in prison on two drug charges.
Spotwood, 22, was arrested in December 2012 and sentenced on Thursday.
According to police, drugs and two loaded guns were found inside Spotwood's south Abilene home. The gun was allegedly within reach of a baby.
The home was located near a daycare.
Spotwood was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver in a drug free zone and possession of cocaine in a drug free zone.
- Updated Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Updated Interstate 20 bridge construction may impact businesses
- Abilene man, 29, arrested on robbery charges
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals