ABILENE, Texas - Alvin Van Spotwood, III will spend the next eight years in prison on two drug charges.
Spotwood, 22, was arrested in December 2012 and sentenced on Thursday.
According to police, drugs and two loaded guns were found inside Spotwood's south Abilene home. The gun was allegedly within reach of a baby.
The home was located near a daycare.
Spotwood was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver in a drug free zone and possession of cocaine in a drug free zone.
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson