ABILENE, Texas - Alvin Van Spotwood, III will spend the next eight years in prison on two drug charges.
Spotwood, 22, was arrested in December 2012 and sentenced on Thursday.
According to police, drugs and two loaded guns were found inside Spotwood's south Abilene home. The gun was allegedly within reach of a baby.
The home was located near a daycare.
Spotwood was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver in a drug free zone and possession of cocaine in a drug free zone.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated