ABILENE, Texas - Alvin Van Spotwood, III will spend the next eight years in prison on two drug charges.
Spotwood, 22, was arrested in December 2012 and sentenced on Thursday.
According to police, drugs and two loaded guns were found inside Spotwood's south Abilene home. The gun was allegedly within reach of a baby.
The home was located near a daycare.
Spotwood was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver in a drug free zone and possession of cocaine in a drug free zone.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide