ABILENE, Texas - Alvin Van Spotwood, III will spend the next eight years in prison on two drug charges.
Spotwood, 22, was arrested in December 2012 and sentenced on Thursday.
According to police, drugs and two loaded guns were found inside Spotwood's south Abilene home. The gun was allegedly within reach of a baby.
The home was located near a daycare.
Spotwood was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to deliver in a drug free zone and possession of cocaine in a drug free zone.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade