ABILENE, Texas - A Dyess Air Force Base crew chief was arrested Tuesday for allegedly sexually abusing a child for several months.
Abilene police executed a search warrant at the home of 28-year-old Steven Bennett in south Abilene Tuesday night. According to police, 50 pieces of evidence were found in Bennett's home that corroborated the allegations.
The alleged victim is under the age of 14 and was assaulted multiple times over several months, the police report said. Officers interviewed Bennett at the Taylor County Law Enforcement Center and said he also corroborated the victim's allegations.
Bennett is charged with first-degree felony continuous sexual abuse of a child and, as of Thursday, is in the Taylor Co. Jail on $225,000 bond.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017