ABILENE, Texas - Taylor County Sheriff's Department deputies have arrested a 47-year-old worker from Dyess Air Force Base on a charge of online solicitation of a minor.
James Clinton Goodman, a exercise physiologist at Dyess, faces the second-degree felony charges for allegedly traveling to northwest Abilene to meet what he thought was a girl who was under the age of 14 for sex.
Deputies said Goodman electronically communicated "in a sexually explicit manner" with the female victim, who he knew to be under 14 years old, shortly before his arrest.
Goodman is now in the Taylor County Jail. His bond is set at $25,000.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated