ABILENE, Texas - Taylor County Sheriff's Department deputies have arrested a 47-year-old worker from Dyess Air Force Base on a charge of online solicitation of a minor.
James Clinton Goodman, a exercise physiologist at Dyess, faces the second-degree felony charges for allegedly traveling to northwest Abilene to meet what he thought was a girl who was under the age of 14 for sex.
Deputies said Goodman electronically communicated "in a sexually explicit manner" with the female victim, who he knew to be under 14 years old, shortly before his arrest.
Goodman is now in the Taylor County Jail. His bond is set at $25,000.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies