ABILENE, Texas - Taylor County Sheriff's Department deputies have arrested a 47-year-old worker from Dyess Air Force Base on a charge of online solicitation of a minor.
James Clinton Goodman, a exercise physiologist at Dyess, faces the second-degree felony charges for allegedly traveling to northwest Abilene to meet what he thought was a girl who was under the age of 14 for sex.
Deputies said Goodman electronically communicated "in a sexually explicit manner" with the female victim, who he knew to be under 14 years old, shortly before his arrest.
Goodman is now in the Taylor County Jail. His bond is set at $25,000.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Updated Abilene hobby shop owner talks new drone regulations