ABILENE, Texas - Taylor County Sheriff's Department deputies have arrested a 47-year-old worker from Dyess Air Force Base on a charge of online solicitation of a minor.
James Clinton Goodman, a exercise physiologist at Dyess, faces the second-degree felony charges for allegedly traveling to northwest Abilene to meet what he thought was a girl who was under the age of 14 for sex.
Deputies said Goodman electronically communicated "in a sexually explicit manner" with the female victim, who he knew to be under 14 years old, shortly before his arrest.
Goodman is now in the Taylor County Jail. His bond is set at $25,000.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking