ABILENE, Texas - A Dyess Air Force Base master sergeant was charged with driving while intoxicated Saturday after a witness claimed he nearly ran her and her children off the road.
According to an arrest report, officers found 37-year-old Richard Hollister at a McDonald's on Judge Ely Boulevard around 2 a.m.
Police said his car resembled the vehicle the witness had described. Hollister allegedly told police he had just left Cloud 9, where he had consumed three beers and two shots.
According to police, he allegedly also had an open alcohol container in his car and he failed his sobriety tests. Police said he consented to a blood draw at Hendrick Medical Center.
He is charged with class B DWI.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck