ABILENE, Texas - A Dyess Air Force Base master sergeant was charged with driving while intoxicated Saturday after a witness claimed he nearly ran her and her children off the road.
According to an arrest report, officers found 37-year-old Richard Hollister at a McDonald's on Judge Ely Boulevard around 2 a.m.
Police said his car resembled the vehicle the witness had described. Hollister allegedly told police he had just left Cloud 9, where he had consumed three beers and two shots.
According to police, he allegedly also had an open alcohol container in his car and he failed his sobriety tests. Police said he consented to a blood draw at Hendrick Medical Center.
He is charged with class B DWI.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen