ABILENE, Texas - A Dyess Air Force Base master sergeant was charged with driving while intoxicated Saturday after a witness claimed he nearly ran her and her children off the road.
According to an arrest report, officers found 37-year-old Richard Hollister at a McDonald's on Judge Ely Boulevard around 2 a.m.
Police said his car resembled the vehicle the witness had described. Hollister allegedly told police he had just left Cloud 9, where he had consumed three beers and two shots.
According to police, he allegedly also had an open alcohol container in his car and he failed his sobriety tests. Police said he consented to a blood draw at Hendrick Medical Center.
He is charged with class B DWI.
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Son killed protecting mom at Texas Subway shop where both worked