ABILENE, Texas - A Dyess Air Force Base master sergeant was charged with driving while intoxicated Saturday after a witness claimed he nearly ran her and her children off the road.
According to an arrest report, officers found 37-year-old Richard Hollister at a McDonald's on Judge Ely Boulevard around 2 a.m.
Police said his car resembled the vehicle the witness had described. Hollister allegedly told police he had just left Cloud 9, where he had consumed three beers and two shots.
According to police, he allegedly also had an open alcohol container in his car and he failed his sobriety tests. Police said he consented to a blood draw at Hendrick Medical Center.
He is charged with class B DWI.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday