DYESS AIR FORCE BASE, Texas - The impact of the government shutdown is being felt at Dyess Air Force Base today.
Leaders at Dyess report many civilian personnel are now on furlough unless their job is deemed necessary for national security.
Current defense contracts will be allowed to finish, but contracts that have yet to be started are now on pause.
TDY orders stand cancelled right now unless they're in exempt categories.
Most shops on base will not be affected, except the base commissary. We're still waiting on word from military leaders to see how its hours may be affected.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated