DYESS AIR FORCE BASE, Texas - The impact of the government shutdown is being felt at Dyess Air Force Base today.
Leaders at Dyess report many civilian personnel are now on furlough unless their job is deemed necessary for national security.
Current defense contracts will be allowed to finish, but contracts that have yet to be started are now on pause.
TDY orders stand cancelled right now unless they're in exempt categories.
Most shops on base will not be affected, except the base commissary. We're still waiting on word from military leaders to see how its hours may be affected.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store