ABILENE, Texas - Congratulations are in order for Dyess Air Force Base.
For the third year in a row, the 7th Operations Support Sqaudron took home two of the most coveted trophies at the Global Strike Challenge Competition.
The 7th OSS won the LeMay Trophy for Best Bomb Squadron and the Eaker Trophy for Best B-1B Squadron.
The 7th Bomb Wing was also recognized as the runner-up for the Fairchild Trophy, which honors the overall best bomb wing.
Approximately 400 competitors from 16 different wings and nearly 50 squadrons participated in Global Strike Challenge events this year at various locations around the United States.
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Updated Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- Updated American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Updated Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels