ABILENE, Texas - Congratulations are in order for Dyess Air Force Base.
For the third year in a row, the 7th Operations Support Sqaudron took home two of the most coveted trophies at the Global Strike Challenge Competition.
The 7th OSS won the LeMay Trophy for Best Bomb Squadron and the Eaker Trophy for Best B-1B Squadron.
The 7th Bomb Wing was also recognized as the runner-up for the Fairchild Trophy, which honors the overall best bomb wing.
Approximately 400 competitors from 16 different wings and nearly 50 squadrons participated in Global Strike Challenge events this year at various locations around the United States.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program