ABILENE, Texas - Congratulations are in order for Dyess Air Force Base.
For the third year in a row, the 7th Operations Support Sqaudron took home two of the most coveted trophies at the Global Strike Challenge Competition.
The 7th OSS won the LeMay Trophy for Best Bomb Squadron and the Eaker Trophy for Best B-1B Squadron.
The 7th Bomb Wing was also recognized as the runner-up for the Fairchild Trophy, which honors the overall best bomb wing.
Approximately 400 competitors from 16 different wings and nearly 50 squadrons participated in Global Strike Challenge events this year at various locations around the United States.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend