ABILENE, Texas - Brig. Gen. Glen VanHerck is leaving his command of the 7th Bomb Wing at Dyess Air Force Base.
VanHerck will assume command of the 509th Bomb Wing at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri early next year.
VanHerck assumed command at Dyess in July 2012.
He was promoted to brigadier general in January.
VanHerck is a graduate of the University of Missouri and has held several positions at Whiteman Air Force Base between July 2004 and August 2007.
A Dyess spokesperson said it is too early to speculate on VanHerck's replacement.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family