ABILENE, Texas - Brig. Gen. Glen VanHerck is leaving his command of the 7th Bomb Wing at Dyess Air Force Base.
VanHerck will assume command of the 509th Bomb Wing at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri early next year.
VanHerck assumed command at Dyess in July 2012.
He was promoted to brigadier general in January.
VanHerck is a graduate of the University of Missouri and has held several positions at Whiteman Air Force Base between July 2004 and August 2007.
A Dyess spokesperson said it is too early to speculate on VanHerck's replacement.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies