ABILENE, Texas - We now know more about Thursday's death of a Dyess Air Force Base airman.
Dyess released information Friday about Airman First Class Justin Phillips. Phillips died Thursday in Bixby, Okla., when the vehicle he was driving collided head-on with a semi-truck.
Phillips was an aerospace propulsion apprentice with one year of time in the service.
He was assigned to the 7th Component Maintenance Squadron at Dyess.
Dyess said Phillips had been absent without approved leave from his place of duty since April 1.
Dyess Air Force Base special investigators continue to aid Bixby law enforcement authorities in their investigation of Phillips' death.
- Updated 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Updated Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- Prominent Texas personal injury attorney dies week after daughter's suicide
- KTXS Forecast: One last shot of rain today, then much colder air arrives by mid-week
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade