ABILENE, Texas - We now know more about Thursday's death of a Dyess Air Force Base airman.
Dyess released information Friday about Airman First Class Justin Phillips. Phillips died Thursday in Bixby, Okla., when the vehicle he was driving collided head-on with a semi-truck.
Phillips was an aerospace propulsion apprentice with one year of time in the service.
He was assigned to the 7th Component Maintenance Squadron at Dyess.
Dyess said Phillips had been absent without approved leave from his place of duty since April 1.
Dyess Air Force Base special investigators continue to aid Bixby law enforcement authorities in their investigation of Phillips' death.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Boy, 7, finds key, unlocks Texas gun cabinet, shoots self
- Updated Abilenians sought for curbside recycling program, deadline Monday
- Updated Tax rate increase approved by Abilene City Council in first reading
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco