ABILENE, Texas (AP) - A Dyess Air Force Base airman and his wife have divorced as she awaits trial on allegations that neglect led to the death of the couple's toddler daughter.
A judge in Abilene will hold a hearing Friday on a change of venue request for Tiffany Klapheke who faces trial Sept. 30.
Her 22-month-old daughter, Tamryn, died last August. The mother has been charged with injury to a child and remains in custody over the death blamed on dehydration and malnourishment.
Tiffany Klapheke has said she was stressed by Airman Thomas Klapheke's deployment.
Tthe divorce sought by him became final July 31. Tiffany Klapheke lost custody of the couple's two other daughters, according to the Abilene Reporter-News.
The state has temporary conservatorship with their father granted restrictive custody.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue