ABILENE, Texas (AP) - A Dyess Air Force Base airman and his wife have divorced as she awaits trial on allegations that neglect led to the death of the couple's toddler daughter.
A judge in Abilene will hold a hearing Friday on a change of venue request for Tiffany Klapheke who faces trial Sept. 30.
Her 22-month-old daughter, Tamryn, died last August. The mother has been charged with injury to a child and remains in custody over the death blamed on dehydration and malnourishment.
Tiffany Klapheke has said she was stressed by Airman Thomas Klapheke's deployment.
Tthe divorce sought by him became final July 31. Tiffany Klapheke lost custody of the couple's two other daughters, according to the Abilene Reporter-News.
The state has temporary conservatorship with their father granted restrictive custody.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon