ABILENE, Texas (AP) - A Dyess Air Force Base airman and his wife have divorced as she awaits trial on allegations that neglect led to the death of the couple's toddler daughter.
A judge in Abilene will hold a hearing Friday on a change of venue request for Tiffany Klapheke who faces trial Sept. 30.
Her 22-month-old daughter, Tamryn, died last August. The mother has been charged with injury to a child and remains in custody over the death blamed on dehydration and malnourishment.
Tiffany Klapheke has said she was stressed by Airman Thomas Klapheke's deployment.
Tthe divorce sought by him became final July 31. Tiffany Klapheke lost custody of the couple's two other daughters, according to the Abilene Reporter-News.
The state has temporary conservatorship with their father granted restrictive custody.
- Updated Flint water crisis: New criminal charges filed
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Firefighters extinguish garbage truck fire in north Abilene