ABILENE, Texas (AP) - A Dyess Air Force Base airman and his wife have divorced as she awaits trial on allegations that neglect led to the death of the couple's toddler daughter.
A judge in Abilene will hold a hearing Friday on a change of venue request for Tiffany Klapheke who faces trial Sept. 30.
Her 22-month-old daughter, Tamryn, died last August. The mother has been charged with injury to a child and remains in custody over the death blamed on dehydration and malnourishment.
Tiffany Klapheke has said she was stressed by Airman Thomas Klapheke's deployment.
Tthe divorce sought by him became final July 31. Tiffany Klapheke lost custody of the couple's two other daughters, according to the Abilene Reporter-News.
The state has temporary conservatorship with their father granted restrictive custody.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities