ABILENE, Texas (AP) - A Dyess Air Force Base airman and his wife have divorced as she awaits trial on allegations that neglect led to the death of the couple's toddler daughter.
A judge in Abilene will hold a hearing Friday on a change of venue request for Tiffany Klapheke who faces trial Sept. 30.
Her 22-month-old daughter, Tamryn, died last August. The mother has been charged with injury to a child and remains in custody over the death blamed on dehydration and malnourishment.
Tiffany Klapheke has said she was stressed by Airman Thomas Klapheke's deployment.
Tthe divorce sought by him became final July 31. Tiffany Klapheke lost custody of the couple's two other daughters, according to the Abilene Reporter-News.
The state has temporary conservatorship with their father granted restrictive custody.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated