Some Dyess families spent the afternoon at the Legacy Complex to pet horses.
The complex is a horse back riding facility located in Abilene.
They work with Dyess families that are deployed and also help autistic and disabled children.
Children of all ages spent Saturday petting and feeding horses.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family