Some Dyess families spent the afternoon at the Legacy Complex to pet horses.
The complex is a horse back riding facility located in Abilene.
They work with Dyess families that are deployed and also help autistic and disabled children.
Children of all ages spent Saturday petting and feeding horses.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking