ABILENE, Texas - Dyess Air Force Base officials are remaining mum about a death reported Thursday at the base.
Capt. Trisha R. Guillebeau, chief of public affairs at Dyess Air Force Base, said the death is being probed, but declined to immediately release additional details.
"We are working on gathering more info, but right now all of the information that we have is (listed in a news release)," Guillebeau said in an email Friday. "Once we've waited 24 hours after the next of kin notification, we will be able to release a few more details."
Guillebeau said the deceased airman was assigned to the Component Maintenance Squadron. She said a follow-up news release is expected to be sent out about 3:30 p.m. Friday.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin