ABILENE, Texas - Dyess Air Force Base officials are remaining mum about a death reported Thursday at the base.
Capt. Trisha R. Guillebeau, chief of public affairs at Dyess Air Force Base, said the death is being probed, but declined to immediately release additional details.
"We are working on gathering more info, but right now all of the information that we have is (listed in a news release)," Guillebeau said in an email Friday. "Once we've waited 24 hours after the next of kin notification, we will be able to release a few more details."
Guillebeau said the deceased airman was assigned to the Component Maintenance Squadron. She said a follow-up news release is expected to be sent out about 3:30 p.m. Friday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated