ABILENE, Texas - Dyess Air Force Base officials are remaining mum about a death reported Thursday at the base.
Capt. Trisha R. Guillebeau, chief of public affairs at Dyess Air Force Base, said the death is being probed, but declined to immediately release additional details.
"We are working on gathering more info, but right now all of the information that we have is (listed in a news release)," Guillebeau said in an email Friday. "Once we've waited 24 hours after the next of kin notification, we will be able to release a few more details."
Guillebeau said the deceased airman was assigned to the Component Maintenance Squadron. She said a follow-up news release is expected to be sent out about 3:30 p.m. Friday.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field