ABILENE, Texas - Dyess Air Force Base officials are remaining mum about a death reported Thursday at the base.
Capt. Trisha R. Guillebeau, chief of public affairs at Dyess Air Force Base, said the death is being probed, but declined to immediately release additional details.
"We are working on gathering more info, but right now all of the information that we have is (listed in a news release)," Guillebeau said in an email Friday. "Once we've waited 24 hours after the next of kin notification, we will be able to release a few more details."
Guillebeau said the deceased airman was assigned to the Component Maintenance Squadron. She said a follow-up news release is expected to be sent out about 3:30 p.m. Friday.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities