ABILENE, Texas - A man was taken to an Abilene hospital about 6:15 a.m. Wednesday after an accident on westbound Interstate 20, just past mile marker 281.
According to Abilene police, a commercial tractor-trailer and Chevrolet Cavalier collided.
The driver of the Cavalier, a 24-year-old man, was cited for failure to move right with safety. He overcorrected and came to rest next to the interstate cable barriers. The driver had to be cut out of his vehicle and was taken by ambulance to be checked out. He is said to be doing fine.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon