ABILENE, Texas - An early morning fire caused $20,000 in damages to property, according to the Abilene Fire Department.
The call came in to the fire department at 3:45 a.m. Saturday morning.
The Abilene Fire Department said they believe the fire started in the engine of a truck parked in the carport of a home in the 800 block of Nelson Drive.
They said the fire was so intense that it destroyed the siding of a neighboring house and an RV parked in the backyard.
Two people were inside the RV and two people were inside the home at the time of the fire.
All four were able to get out safely.
The fire is still under investigation.
- Updated Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Updated Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer