ABILENE, Texas - An early morning fire caused $20,000 in damages to property, according to the Abilene Fire Department.
The call came in to the fire department at 3:45 a.m. Saturday morning.
The Abilene Fire Department said they believe the fire started in the engine of a truck parked in the carport of a home in the 800 block of Nelson Drive.
They said the fire was so intense that it destroyed the siding of a neighboring house and an RV parked in the backyard.
Two people were inside the RV and two people were inside the home at the time of the fire.
All four were able to get out safely.
The fire is still under investigation.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family