ABILENE, Texas - An early morning fire caused $20,000 in damages to property, according to the Abilene Fire Department.
The call came in to the fire department at 3:45 a.m. Saturday morning.
The Abilene Fire Department said they believe the fire started in the engine of a truck parked in the carport of a home in the 800 block of Nelson Drive.
They said the fire was so intense that it destroyed the siding of a neighboring house and an RV parked in the backyard.
Two people were inside the RV and two people were inside the home at the time of the fire.
All four were able to get out safely.
The fire is still under investigation.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck